Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow on Snow on Snow


When I looked out my window this morning in NY after one of many snowstorms, I couldn't help but think of a book I read to my kindergarten class called Snow On Snow On Snow. It's a lovely story with beautiful pictures. The story or maybe just title is inpired by the first part of Christina Rossetti's In the Bleak Midwinter.


In the Bleak Midwinter
by Christina Rossetti Christina Rossetti


In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow.



The book is absolutely great too and when I went into work after a two-hour delay. I read it to the 12 children who showed up. I also told them we may have more snow on snow on snow next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment